Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wednesday's Baby Weekly

So, pregnancy weekly emails have turned into "Baby Weekly" now. I tried unsubscribing from this list, but still, they come. Fortunately, the baby emails are about a thousand times less annoying than the pregnancy ones. (Remember "This week, you'll have hemorrhoids"?)
Today, the email I got stated this:

"Breathing Space is dedicated to helping new mothers achieve and maintain emotional stability and physical fitness for a satisfying existence. From weekly health and wellness articles to meditation tips and yoga exercises, Breathing Space offers a peaceful place where you can nurture your mind, body, spirit and baby to set the stage for confident parenting.

Open your heart and observe your life force as you cope with the demands of motherhood"



I have not really articulated on this blog enough how great I have been feeling since having the baby. I feel, literally, like a new person. Most of it is relief that nothing went wrong. A lot of it is basically being rid of feeling like I have a "disease" and replacing that with having a perfect new little person in my life. A little bit of it is having almost my old body back. I only weigh 9 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight now, but yet feel so much slimmer and so much more in shape for some reason.

I have noticed that stretching and breathing feel *extremely* good since giving birth. Before I was pregnant, stretching and breathing exercises did not feel nearly this great. They were just a chore to do before and after jogging, so I wouldn't be sore the next day. Now, it just makes me feel awesome, and for that reason, I was thinking of taking up yoga. Or meditation. Or something to that effect.

This email that I got above suggests yoga and meditation for new moms, but seemingly for different reasons. Maybe this is the wrong thing to be feeling, but the wordage they use- "cope" and "demands of motherhood" kind of remind me of all the negativity that caused me to feel so horribly emotionally during pregnancy. They think you should do yoga and meditation because it's something to help you cope with something horrible in your life. I want to do it, because it feels good, I feel good, and life is pretty much good all around.
(I can say that again, whew).



No comments:

Post a Comment