Saturday, June 23, 2007

As requested...



I had one commenter ask for pics of Annalise, and here they are. She had a pretty good day today, too.

Me, not so much. Mom says now that those condos I blogged about are crap.
Sigh.

Anna had a little bit of a tough couple hours. She was very restless and fussy. What finally helped her was some of those mylecon drops. As soon as we gave her some, she sighed, stopped crying and looked around happy.

Lol.

I sat at my desk and held her while I spun the chair slightly. She liked it. I was talking to her in a gentle voice, and told her, "Don't worry, be happy", and I think I said it in like a Jamaican accent.

Two minutes later, I hear the real "Don't worry, Be happy" song coming from John's computer. He heard me tell the baby that, and looked it up on youtube. We're so into Youtube lately, it's funny.

Also what I did today- I went to half price books because I wanted some cookbooks. This is unlike me. I am usually against spending money on cookbooks, because if I want a recipe for something, I can always get it online. But for some reason, the last couple of months, I have not had luck with online recipes. I couldn't find any, and when I did, they turned out bad.

I got it in my head that I wanted a Rachel Ray cookbook. So I found some at Half Price Books, and the recipes were so stupid. That is so unlike Rachel Ray. I always liked watching her, I don't know what's up with the books she wrote. She had recipes for things like, "Greens with balsamic vinegar and strawberries". I was like, huh? Balsamic vinegar and strawberries? That sounds disgusting. All the recipes in her books were weird combos of stuff like that. Like she was trying too hard to be gourmet. I don't remember her shows making weird stuff like that, but oh well.

I ended up buying Williams Sonoma "Potatoes", a book dedicated to barbecue, and a Martha Stewart book. I was happy with my choices.

The gay pride parade was going on today, and half price books was along the route. I think this is why HPB closed the bathrooms. They didn't want people wandering in the store just to go to the restroom, so they put "out of order" signs. This sucked, because I had to go.
The parade looked like a ton of fun. I really would have stayed, but... I'm not gay.

Unfortunately, it rained on their parade.

Edited to add for nostalgic purpouses:
I hadn't heard this song for a while. It's an oldie, but goodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment