Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tubesday

I was thinking today how much I love reading other people's blogs. I don't know why I like it so much. I like it when people blog around a theme, and I tend to read blogs that have to do with international adoption, homeschooling, feminism and politics. (even though none of those have anything to do with me, except maybe politics).

We had a good day today, except for the fact that Shadow had really nasty diarrhea, wouldn't eat his food, and ate grass. Lord only knows what crap my mother-in-law fed him.

For the first time since a few days before giving birth, I read those forums where all the women were due the same time as me. Their babies are here, too, for the most part, and it seems like all of the babies literally cry 24/7, and never sleep, ever. That is seriously how the babies are described, and of course, the women are all "going crazy" and so on.

All I could think of was back when I used to work at the child abuse shelter- I took care of drug addicted babies who were like that. That's the only time when I saw a baby who would literally not stop crying. Wonder what would happen if I said that on those forums? Lol, I couldn't. It's one of those evil things that I think, but can't say. (But, it's the truth, at least in my personal exp). It's why I am happy I have a blog.

I put together the card for my obgyn, even though my follow up appointment isn't until the ninth. I wrote the card, signed it, put the gift card in it, and wrote "Dr. Patolia" really nicely on the front. Sometime next week, I am going to put together like a snack gift basket for the whole staff. I am trying to work out how to make it look not so much like an Easter basket, and more of a thank you basket. Maybe something with no handles? But then again, the handles help to hold up more stuff, to fit more in. I'll figure it out next week...

I'm usually not the "Thank you gift" type, but I am really really wanting to do *something* to show how grateful and glad I am that things turned out the way they did. I was looking at Annalise today, and I asked her, "Can you believe we did it? We made it this far?"

Pregnancy really sucked.

I am so frickin glad it's over. I never, ever want to do it again.

Ever. I'm quitting while I am ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment