Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I forgot about July 4th

Really, I am not too gung ho with patriotic holidays ever since I saw 500 Nations with Kevin Costner. In fact, I am not too keen on any kind of holiday, because in the last few years they have been all about shopping, but that's a whole nother thing.

But, it's nice to have John home in the middle of the week. It makes up for the fact that things aren't open, and not getting mail. I am taking advantage of the fact that he's home to cook a lot of meals, and if I make extra, to freeze it with the food saver. I feel a lot more organized now that I have real meals in the fridge instead of just a bunch of ingredients.

I have made beef stew, seafood fettucini, sloppy Joes.

Tomorrow is a difficult day, because it's the birthday of a dear friend who passed away. He would have turned 28 tomorrow. I would write his story on this blog, but over the years, I feel like I have told it to people so much, that I am sick of hearing myself say it...

No comments:

Post a Comment