Sunday, July 1, 2007

Aunt died after all... 4/4/29- 6/30/07

I blogged before about the confusion regarding my oldest aunt's medical condition. A couple weeks ago, she was actually doing well (just about to pull through) and my other aunts thought she was dying, creating a ruckus. Then, it got to the point that she was actually dying, and my other aunts thought she was pulling through. They told my mother, "She's doing really, really well. They took her off of all her medications, put her in another room, and all they are giving her now is morphine."

My mom was like... uhh... that usually means they are dying. But she didn't say anything. I think it was a combo of not wanting to upset them, and not wanting to look stupid after telling a couple of them off for telling her Aunt Mary was dying when she actually wasn't.

Well, Aunt Mary died yesterday at 4:22 pm. Mom is going to Chicago for one day, and one day only, because she can't handle any more than that with her other sisters. She's "staying" with her neice who is only 4 years younger than she is, but I don't know what she means by "staying" since she isn't spending the night in Chicago.

I have this really nice picture taken in 1945. In it, my mom is an infant, and all of her teenage, and pre-teen sisters are surrounding her. One is holding her, I think it's Aunt Mary, but I am not sure... I will try to find it, scan it and post it here...

No comments:

Post a Comment